Save Database Object in User Objects
Introduced with NexStar hand control version 4 (first included with the
CPC) and available in all newer versions, Save Database Object is a
new option to add items to the User Objects list. This allows you to
create custom tours prior to taking your scope out for an observing session.
- Press the MENU button and use the UP/DOWN buttons
(6/9 on the number pad) to scroll to User Objects and press
- Use the UP/DOWN buttons to scroll to Save Db Obj and
- Use the UP/DOWN buttons to scroll to the first object you wish
to store a database object in and press ENTER.
- Use the UP/DOWN buttons to scroll to the catalog containing the
object you would like to save and press ENTER. Refer to
Appendix B in my book, The NexStar User's Guide, if you are
unfamiliar with the available catalogs.
- Select an object just as you would when performing a GoTo operation
and press ENTER. The object is now stored in the User Object
- Repeat for as many User Objects as you wish.